Medical Illustrator - freelance/casual (maximum 25 hours/week)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada .
contract . November 11, 2022
contract . November 11, 2022
Job Title: Illustrator - freelance/casual (maximum 25 hours/week)
Location: Remote, Canada
Are you passionate about anatomy, accessibility and healthcare?
Are you obsessed with simple designs and illustrations?
Do you love helping hospitals improve quality, safety and the patient experience?
If the answer is yes to the above, we want to talk to you!
At SeamlessMD, our mission is
“to ensure every patient gets the right care at the right time”
Who is SeamlessMD?
Our mission is to ensure every patient gets the right care at the right time. We are a diverse team of healthcare providers, technologists and industry professionals pioneering a new category of Digital Patient Engagement. We’ve been named a Global Top 100 Company in Digital Health and an OMERS Top 100 Canadian Health Tech Company. We have raised $7.4M from leading Canadian investors, including MEDTEQ, Hikma Ventures, AIoT Health, Tony Lacavera (Founder, WIND Mobile) and Sanjay Malaviya (Founder, RL Solutions).
What is SeamlessMD?
Most healthcare is still delivered through paper and verbal instructions, with no easy way for providers to monitor patients and catch problems sooner. Staying connected with patients virtually is even more important during COVID-19. To address this, SeamlessMD provides the #1 digital patient engagement platform for hospitals and health systems to engage, monitor and stay connected with patients across their health care journey (e.g. surgery, chronic care, etc.). Patients are guided on smartphones, tablets and computers from preparation through recovery with reminders, education and progress tracking. Providers receive alerts, monitor patients on dashboards and access analytics to deliver better care. SeamlessMD is also the 1st digital patient engagement platform with turn-key integrations with Epic and Cerner - the two largest Electronic Health Record systems.
Who are our customers?
Leading hospitals & health systems such as Sunnybrook, The Ottawa Hospital, Stanford Health Care, UC Davis Health and Rush University Medical Center use SeamlessMD to elevate the patient experience, improve health outcomes and lower costs.
How does SeamlessMD improve patient care?
Patients experience less anxiety, are more prepared for their healthcare journey and are more confident during recovery. 15+ clinical studies have shown SeamlessMD to reduce hospital recovery times by 1-2 days, hospital readmissions by up to 72% and ER visits by up to 47%. This means patients are healthier and the healthcare system is more efficient!
In order to make SeamlessMD simple and accessible to all patients using our platform, we need a talented illustrator to create simple visual instructions.
Here’s where you come in…
The Freelance Illustrator role
The Illustrator will work closely with our Patient Education team to develop simple line drawings of human anatomy and step-by-step self-care illustrations using best practice guidelines in health literacy and accessibility. This position is casual and hours are flexible. Expected volume is between 4 to 20 illustrations per week. Health literacy and accessibility training is provided upon hiring. The ideal candidate will have experience creating medical illustrations for textbooks, medical organizations, etc.
As a freelance illustrator, your main responsibilities include:
- Working directly with Patient Education Specialists to design and create accurate and health literate anatomical illustrations, using our internal style guide, for the SeamlessMD app;
- Attending a weekly illustration meeting with our Patient Education Specialists to discuss illustration requests & project timelines;
- Communicating proactively with the Patient Education Specialists regarding deadlines, key issues, design, accessibility guidelines etc.
Are we the right fit for each other?
- Post secondary certificate, undergraduate or Graduate degree in Technical and Scientific Illustration (or equivalent experience will be considered)
- Must have taken courses in physiology and anatomy;
- Experience creating scientific or medical illustrations for clients;
- Be able to show a portfolio of relevant past work.
- Great time management skills and the ability to deliver consistently on-time
- Excellent communication skills
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of visual accessibility requirements;
- Background or interest in UI/UX design;
Why is SeamlessMD a great place to work?
- You’ll be at the forefront of healthcare innovation. This is an opportunity to work with the world’s top health systems and help them succeed with the latest digital health technologies.
- You’ll make a positive impact on the lives of patients. It is incredibly rewarding to hear regular feedback from patients on how SeamlessMD has improved, and sometimes saved their lives. SeamlessMD is even more important to help providers care for patients virtually during COVID-19.
- You’ll have access to a full kitchen with snacks and beverages. We do bi-weekly snack/beverage orders so there is always something to eat!
- You’ll be invited to monthly team socials. We love team bonding. Every month we host a variety of team socials that range from: Trivia night, ping pong at SPIN, movie nights, Blue Jays games and more!
Where do I learn more about SeamlessMD?
- Company website
- VIDEO: UAB uses SeamlessMD to improve the patient experience and reduce Length of Stay
- VIDEO: Atrium Health uses SeamlessMD to deliver Cerner-integrated, patient engagement
- PRESS: Ohio State University uses SeamlessMD to safely resume surgery during COVID-19
- PRESS: St. Joseph’s Home Care uses SeamlessMD for employee health monitoring during COVID-19
- PRESS: St. Francis Hospital Uses New App to Help Heart Patients Stay on Track
- PRESS: Rush University Medical Center: Using an App to Speed Surgical Recovery
$30.00 - $40.00