Content Marketing Manager
Toronto, Ontario, Canada .
full-time . October 3, 2022
full-time . October 3, 2022
Are you passionate about improving the healthcare system?
Are you excited by the idea of growing and learning with an innovative business?
Are you motivated to help healthcare providers embrace digital care?
Are you an ambitious growth-oriented marketer who gets excited about driving demand for new technology solutions?
If your answer is “Yes!” to the above, we may be the perfect fit for each other!
At SeamlessMD, our mission is “to ensure every patient gets the right care at the right time”
Who is SeamlessMD? We are a diverse team of healthcare providers, technologists and industry professionals pioneering a new category of Digital Patient Engagement. We’ve been named a Global Top 100 Company in Digital Health and an OMERS Top 100 Canadian Health Tech Company. We have raised $7.4M from leading Canadian investors, including MEDTEQ, Hikma Ventures, AIoT Health, Tony Lacavera (Founder, WIND Mobile) and Sanjay Malaviya (Founder, RL Solutions). SeamlessMD was recently recognized by AVIA Connect, a leading digital marketplace for health systems, as a Top 50 Remote Patient Monitoring Vendor as well as a Top 5 Vendor for Condition-Specific Remote Monitoring.
What is SeamlessMD? Most healthcare is still delivered through paper and verbal instructions, with no easy way for providers to monitor patients and catch problems sooner. Staying connected with patients virtually is even more important during COVID-19. To address this, SeamlessMD provides the industry’s leading digital patient engagement platform for hospitals and health systems to engage, monitor and stay connected with patients across their health care journey (e.g. surgery, chronic care, etc.). Patients are guided on smartphones, tablets and computers from preparation through recovery with reminders, education and progress tracking. Providers receive alerts, monitor patients on dashboards and access analytics to deliver better care. SeamlessMD is also the first digital patient engagement platform with turn-key integrations with Epic and Cerner - the two largest Electronic Health Record systems.
Who are our customers? Leading hospitals & health systems in North America, including Intermountain Healthcare, MultiCare Health System, UC Davis Health, Atrium Health, BayState Health, Ohio State University, Sunnybrook, North York General Hospital, Michael Garron, Mount Sinai, Cornwall Hospital, Sault Area Hospital, Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Center, Stanford Health Care, and Rush University Medical Center. Our customers use SeamlessMD to elevate the patient experience, improve health outcomes and lower costs.
How does SeamlessMD improve patient care? Patients experience less anxiety, are more prepared for their healthcare journey and are more confident during recovery. 35+ clinical studies have shown SeamlessMD to reduce hospital recovery times by 1-2 days, hospital readmissions by up to 72% and ER visits by up to 47%. This means patients are healthier and the healthcare system is more efficient!
In order to help SeamlessMD capture market share and generate demand for our innovative digital health platform, we’re growing our Marketing team. Here’s where you come in…
As the Content Marketing Manager, you’ll report to the VP of Marketing, and be responsible for content creation and content program management to grow our audience, build trust and credibility, support demand generation initiatives, and increase organic traffic to SeamlessMD’s website. You have a way with words, you’re able to simplify complex concepts, you're a creative and ambitious content marketer who knows how to build and scale content marketing programs.
As the Content Marketing Manager, you will:
- Create short and long form content for our website, blog, emails, sales collateral, video scripts, press releases, case studies, landing pages, sales enablement, booth graphics, and more that reflects our brand voice - clear, educational, and entertaining to consume
- Manage the company’s social media calendar and posts across our various social channels – LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook
- Manage and scale a high impact editorial calendar across our blog and additional content properties from draft through to final publication
- Work with internal subject matter experts to collaborate on new topic ideas
- Write bylined thought leadership articles and secure publishing opportunities with target third party site/publications
- Collaborate with our Growth Marketing Manager to promote our content and grow our target audience
- Measure the impact of our content initiatives including its influence on audience growth, customer acquisition, and conversions
You’ll be great in this role if:
- You have experience writing B2B enterprise marketing content. You have experience with long sales cycles, multiple stakeholders, buying committees, and how B2B buyers procure SaaS solutions. Bonus if you have a background in healthcare.
- You have exceptional writing and editing skills. You write copy that people love to read. You have experience writing different formats of content for different audiences and different channels.
- You’re curious and creative. You want to know your audience deeply and will use those insights to develop story ideas that educate and entertain them.
- You’re up to speed on new content trends and formats. You have experience creating short form and long form digital content that is easy to consume, entertaining and educational.
- You’re highly organized. You can comfortably manage an editorial calendar that spans social media, our blog, and third party publications, and have a system for editorial planning.
- Self-motivated. You’re laser focused on achieving your goals and the company’s goals. Often proactively bringing forward new ideas and content topics.
- Thrives in the fast-moving, startup environment. We are not a big company; we don’t have everything figured out and we don’t have endless resources. However, we are smart, fast, and nimble. You will thrive here if you enjoy independence, the opportunity to build out messaging, and love taking initiative.
Are we the right fit for each other?
Required Skills, and Experience:
- 7+ years enterprise content marketing experience for a B2B company
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or journalism or related field.
- Experience marketing B2B SaaS-based products and services (knowledge of the healthcare industry is a plus)
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to write a variety of marketing materials - blog posts, articles, emails, social media posts, press releases, case studies, etc.,
- Knowledge and experience of search engine optimization and search engine marketing, email marketing, A/B testing, webinars, content syndication, event marketing, social media, and other digital content marketing methods.
- Proven knowledge and experience with social media platforms
- Strong interpersonal skills, a high degree of initiative, with the ability to work in and across sales, customer success and product teams.
- Creative thinking capabilities that includes an interest to learn and adopt new content marketing strategies and tactics
- Experience building and executing creative, integrated, multi-channel content marketing programs that increase brand awareness, drive traffic to the website and support lead acquisition
- A keen understanding of inbound marketing methodologies and the role of content marketing
- Experience with HubSpot Marketing, Social Media Platforms, and Google Analytics
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of customers, products, and the buyer’s journey
Nice to have:
- Experience working in an early stage technology company.
- Experience working in the healthcare industry.
Why you’ll love it here
- Be at the forefront of healthcare innovation. This is an opportunity to work with the world’s top health systems and help them succeed with the latest digital health technologies.
- Make a positive impact on the lives of patients. It is incredibly rewarding to hear regular feedback from patients on how SeamlessMD has improved, and sometimes saved, their lives. SeamlessMD is even more important to help providers care for patients virtually during COVID-19.
- Company stock options. We want you to have the opportunity to be an owner in the company.
- Flexible office use. Like many companies, we will continue to periodically re-assess the role of the office since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. Currently, working in the office is optional, however there are a few company events each year where in-person attendance will be mandatory (e.g. company retreats).
- Health, dental, vision and long-term disability benefits. We want to invest in your health and well-being.
- 30 paid days off. This is broken down between 15 vacation days and 15 paid personal leave days. We strongly believe in work-life balance and taking time off to reset. We also know that people may need time off to run errands or attend to family/personal emergencies, and don’t want to use their vacation time to do so.
- Parental leave top-up. Family is important to all of us - and starting one requires a lot of time and attention!
- Full kitchen with snacks and beverages. We do monthly snack/beverage orders so there is always something to eat!
- Monthly team socials. We love team bonding. We host quarterly in-person events, and bi-monthly virtual events. Our social committee has planned annual park days during the summer, virtual casino night, virtual paint nights, in-person movie nights, Karaoke nights, ping pong at SPIN, Blue Jays games and more!